Steel City Tee Club August 2020

Steel City Tee Club - Gift - Steel CityTrying something new again! This time its the Steel City Tee Club.

Here is a link to my unboxing video: https://youtu.be/Fk_Vzfxsflw

The Steel City tee club sends out a shirt monthly. These shirts explore the unique history and pop culture icons that have influenced Pittsburgh Pa.

I stumbled on Steel City Tees by accident. My friend on facebook was wearing a Daniel Tiger puppet shirt and I asked her where she got that. The rest is history.

I did buy my own Daniel Tiger shirt and I loved it! So comfy and soft. It is also 19.99 on their website right now (its on sale) so you can go get one for yourself! They sell shirts in all sizes.

I know I post in my book blog about being a history buff but Im not sure if I stated that here. I'm a history buff. This is why I was very excited when I found out about there Tee club. I also have live near Pittsburgh and grew up there.

Another awesome thing about Steel City is there rewards program. I signed up right away and its worth for things like free shipping and money off vouchers.

On to the Package: 

This months theme was Heinz! 

What was in there? 

  • A cool Heinz Ketchup bottle sticker 
  • A Postcard that tells you a brief history about Heinz 
  • A very nice, well made, and comfy shirt. 
The shirt features the Heinz plant which is still there and then a Ketchup bottle over it being picked up. 

Musings: 

When I was little Heinz used to have an electric Ketchup Bottle on it. It was huge. They removed it years ago. It is now on the side of the history center.

 Im assuming the Ketchup bottle being picked up might be a reference to that.

 I also think that it could mean that even though Ketchup is gone from the plant it still is always associated with it.

 Plus all true Pittsburghers are ketchup snobs and love Heinz Ketchup so its a part of all of us. 

Overall thoughts: 
I loved the package and the concept of the club! I do think 29.99 is a bit pricy for a shirt every month (even if it is well made and comfy). Despite my reservations over the price I still will be subscribing to the club. 

I would recommend it and I cant wait to see what shirts lie ahead! 

Here is a link if you would like to check out their Tee club: https://shopsteelcity.com/products/steel-city-tee-club

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smartass & Sass Sassiest So Far Special Edition Box

20 Mule Team Borax