Dia & Co Box #1

Basic Info about Dia

Dia and Co is a styling service/subscription box that is geared to "plus size" women sizes 14 and up.

They send you a box with 5 pieces. These could be clothes or accessories. You take a quiz/fill out a profile to determine what types of things you would like to get in your box.

The boxes come 2-3 times a month, once a month, or every other month: You decide.

The Styling fee is $20 dollars a month which can be credited to one item from your box. If you chose to buy the whole box you get 25% off plus the $20 dollars off. If you do not keep anything you do not get the $20 back.

Why did I pick Dia?

Several reasons:
1. I am a plus sized women
2. I wanted to try something new
3. I was given a link to get the styling fee waived so it was no risk to me!
4. It sounds let a fun thing to try
5. Brand Recognition: Ive heard many, many commercials on T.V. about Dia and wanted to try them.


What's in the box?

The Box contained many things:

1. An Intro card

This is a card that the stylist sends to you to introduce themselves and to give you tips on how to style the items.

 I think this is a very nice feature to include in the box. It is fun to hear from the stylist's perspective. It makes the box seem very personal.

2. A bag to mail the items back that you aren't keeping
If you decide you don't want the items for any reason/not buying them, you have five days to send it back in the postage paid mailer.

 It is a very, very nice feature to include you can send back your items with no worries. So I would like to thank Dia for including these in there boxes.

3. The price list of the items
This tells how much the items retail for and helps you to decide if you would like to buy them or not.

 I will discuss the prices with each item and in my thoughts throughout this post.

4. The items themselves
As stated above you get five pieces, all packaged nice and neat in a bundle wrapped in tissue paper.

What I got: (The items)
 
These photos are taken from the Dia.com website. I wanted to take actual pictures of the items but my camera sucks on my laptop and it was distorting the colors of the items.
 

Cambridge Clutch: $29
I love bags and accessories. This one not so much. Why it did seem to be high quality, I thought the inside of it was too deep.

I liked the color but not the pattern. I am also trying to be truthful here and not mean: I thought it was ugly.

Keep or return?
Obviously, I returned the item.

Rafaella Patty Poncho: Ouch $69

When I took this out of the box I loved it. When I put it on not so much. This was a size 2x and it fit me very well, however when I had it on in front of the mirror it just wasn't love. I think maybe it was the checkerboard like pattern.

Keep or return?
Returned, it just wasn't love.



Jessica Simpson Lorelei Button Up Shirt: Ouch $68

When I saw this in the box it wasn't love. I hate camo (sorry all my camo lovers). I also remember putting on my profile that I did not want any camo pieces. Yet it came...

It was a size 2x and did fit me very well and was comfortable but It camo I don't like camo. I know I sound like a broken record.

It also stated on the price list that it had lace up shoulder detail I don't see that anywhere on the shirt... Still that would not have persuaded me.

Keep or return?

 Returned of course!




Chelsea & Theodore Cora Scoop Neck Twofer: WHY, WHY, WHY?! $62

It was love at first site when I saw this top. It was so cute and perfect. It fit perfectly and comfortably. It was a size 2x. I could wear this to work or out with friends. I loved it so much.

There were only two things that I didn't love about it:
1. The price (I'm seeing a theme here)
2. The tag said to Hand wash and hang dry. While I might have considered that I prefer clothes that are easy to care for. No extra muss or fuss.

Keep or Returned?

Sadly, I sent it back. If the price would have been lower, I would have kept it in a heartbeat even with the hand wash only tag.




Celebrity Pink Auburn Skinny Jean with Fray Hem: OH NO! $55
This was another piece that I feel head over heals for. I loved these jeans! They were comfortable and fit very well. Again it was a size 2X. No gaps or anything. They are the perfect color to make them professional looking I could wear them to work or out and about. They match practically anything even the top I mentioned above (what a great outfit)! Alas, I just could not justify $55 for a pair of jeans.

Keep or Returned?

Returned I also really wanted to keep this as I stated above but can not justify $55 for jeans.







Prices:

The merchandise total of all 5 items was $283. As I explained above you could receive discounts on the price. I wasn't planning on keeping all 5 pieces anyway so the 25% would have not applied. Of course though as you read above I did not keep anything.

I know I have said these prices are high for me which they are but I will admit I did some price checking and I have to say Dia's prices were cheaper then several of the retail stores.


Final thoughts:

Overall, I will give Dia a solid B.

It was a very fun experience, with cute and fun features. I loved several of the pieces and my box wasn't horrible.

The main problems I had was the prices and also they included something in my box (the camo) that I said I didn't want in my profile that's why they didn't get an A.

Would I try Dia again?

Yes, I think I will. My overall experience was not bad. I had fun I loved trying something like this. I cant wait to see what is in my next box and let you know my opinions again.

If you would like to learn more about Dia & Co. or check it out and try it here is my link: https://www.dia.com/r/17j3b

Disclaimer:
 This was my honest review of this service I was not compensated by Dia & Co in any way.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smartass & Sass Sassiest So Far Special Edition Box

20 Mule Team Borax