Rocksbox

Hello readers, here I am again with another unboxing.
(I decided to try writing my review a little differently this time by using bullet points since this is a short review and I like to change my review style from time to time).

This time I thought I would try Rocksbox!

Why did I try Rocksbox?
  • I like Jewelry
  • I get to try it for free and still offered the $21 dollar credit. So there was no risk for me.


What is Rocksbox?
  • Its a jewelry subscription box.
 
What do they send?
  • They send you 3 pieces of jewelry. They pick this Jewelry out for you. You preview it and you get to change what comes.
 
How was it packaged?
  • All jewelry comes in little jewelry bags. With the whole bundle wrapped nicely in tissue.
  • They also send you a prepaid label to send items back you don't want.
 
  • You also get sent a care card, price list, and I think a stylist card (I don't remember for sure on that specific feature sorry).
 
 
What did I get?
(pictures from Rockbox's website as my camera wasn't taking good pictures again).
 
Kate Spade Out West Pave Racoon Mini Pendant Necklace: Wow that's a lot $68
 
 I will say I did chose this necklace but I thought $68 is an extreme amount for a necklace. However I have a family member who likes racoons so I thought she might be interested in this one but she was not.
 
I must say for being a Kate Spade item it seemed rather thin and I was worried about the glitter coming off.
 
So of course back in the package it went.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sophie Harper Turquisose Pave Charm: hmm... $51
 
I picked this one out too but I must say on the computer the charms looked better than they did in person.
 
Again when I took it out of the jewelry bag it even seemed thinner etc. Than the raccoon one.
 
I also wasn't digging the charms.
 
I did like the color however.
 
$51 is also expensive for a necklace.
 
It went back.
 
 
 
 
Sophie Harper Star Cuff Ring With Jet Pave: $34 dollars (that's a bit much for a ring)
 
I picked this one out too. I liked it I thought it was different. Trying it on however it was a different story. It did not fit comfortably. I think it was to small. It was a size 9. The ring style also felt odd on my finger.
 
I wanted to love it but couldn't.
 
It also felt cheap and thin like the others.
 
It of course got sent back as well.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Prices
  • These items were all very expensive.
  • If you kept all 3 items you got $10 off. Other companies give you a % off like 25% etc. Of course I did not keep anything.
  • They also give you $21 off one item in the box. ($21 a month is how much their service cost).
  • So if I would have kept the ring it would have been $13 but like I said above I didn't like it, it did not fit etc. Plus I think $13 is still a bit much for a ring.
 
Overall thoughts  
 
  • I did not enjoy using this service and I would not recommend them.
  • The quality of the items did not impress me. The cost didn't either.
  • I have canceled my membership and will not be using their service again. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smartass & Sass Sassiest So Far Special Edition Box

20 Mule Team Borax