Dia Box #2

Basic Info about Dia (for people who missed it in my lost post) Dia and Co is a styling service/subscription box that is geared to "plus size" women sizes 14 and up.

They send you a box with 5 pieces. These could be clothes or accessories. You take a quiz/fill out a profile to determine what types of things you would like to get in your box.

The boxes come 2-3 times a month, once a month, or every other month: You decide.

The Styling fee is $20 dollars a month which can be credited to one item from your box. If you chose to buy the whole box you get 25% off plus the $20 dollars off. If you do not keep anything you do not get the $20 back.

Why did I pick Dia again? 
I must admit that in my last post I said I would give Dia another try but I wasn't so sure how soon I wanted to do that. 

After I got my first box I canceled my subscription for the time being. Well soon after I got an email from Dia saying they wanted me back.

In the email  they said they  would wave the styling fee but still give me the fee as credit off .

So I figured what is the harm and excitedly awaited my next box.

What's in the box? 
 
The Box contained many things:
 
 
1. An Intro card

This is a card that the stylist sends to you to introduce themselves and to give you tips on how to style the items.

 I think this is a very nice feature to include in the box. It is fun to hear from the stylist's perspective. It makes the box seem very personal.

It is also interesting because I had a different stylist this time.
 
 
2. A bag to mail the items back that you aren't keeping
If you decide you don't want the items for any reason/not buying them, you have five days to send it back in the postage paid mailer.

 It is a very, very nice feature to include you can send back your items with no worries. So I would like to thank Dia for including these in there boxes.
 
 

3. The price list of the items
This tells how much the items retail for and helps you to decide if you would like to buy them or not.
 
4. The items themselves
As stated above you get five pieces, all packaged nice and neat in a bundle wrapped in tissue paper.
 
What I got: (The items)
 
These photos are taken from the Dia.com website. I wanted to take actual pictures of the items but my camera sucks on my laptop and it was distorting the colors of the items.


Leota Avana Dress: Oh My What!? $89


When I saw this in the box it wasn't love.

I am partial to animal prints. Sometimes they look good on sometimes they don't. This was didn't look good in the box or on.

I don't think its that I hate this pattern because I have shoes in my room that would match this dress,  that I wear quite a bit.

I am also trying to be truthful here and not mean: I thought it was ugly.

It was a size 2x and did fit me very well and was comfortable.
$89 dollars is also an outrageous price for a dress like this even with the 20 off it would be 69 still way too much.


Keep or return?

 This dress was a big fat no on many levels!

Returned of course!

Kiyonna Drawstring Cardigan : umm... $64 It was love at first site when I saw this Cardi. It was so cute and perfect. It fit perfectly and comfortably. It was a size 2x. I could wear this to work or out with friends. I loved it so much.

There were only two things that I didn't love about it:
1. The price (I'm seeing a theme here again)
2. You had to lay it flat to dry. This isn't so bad, I could deal with that, its just Im a wash and wear kind of person. I want clothes that are easy to care for.


Keep or Returned?

Sadly, I sent it back. If the price would have been lower, I would have kept it. Even with the discount it would have still been $44. That's still a bit high.



Meri Skye Bristol Skinny Jeans: Really?! $52
I guess you could say it was also love at first site with these as well! This pair of jeans was a Size 20.
These Jeans were very comfy and fix me well. They were soft. They were great and I loved them. I don't have many pairs of black jeans if any.
However, I can not justify $52 for a pair of Jeans.
 
 
Keep or Return?
 
Sadly, returned.
 
Even with the 20 credit it would still make them $32 I can't justify that price either.
 
 
Charia Clutch: A bit much $38
 
I love bags purses and accessories. This one was nice perfessional looking, sleek, and black. I could use this in a variety of places, with a variety of outfits!
 
 
The strap was chain it seemed thin but sturdy and adjustable. I could take the strap off if I wanted to and just carry it as a clutch. Its versatile.
 
 
This clutch was a BIG improvement from the last clutch Dia sent me. So thank you Dia!
 
 
Keep or return?
 
While I do think $38 is very expensive for a clutch with the $20 credit that comes to $18 that is doable. I still still think $18 is high for a purse/clutch but...
 
IM KEEPING IT!!!!!
 
 
Note-I would not have kept it without the credit.
 
 
 
Meera Lane Jackie V-Neck Cut-out Tee: Oh my!  $45

This shirt was a size 2x. It fit nicely and was nice looking on. The cut outs in the arms made it unique. It was just ok, you know meh. I would wear it but it wasn't a fave. The price point however was outrageous. $45 for a T-Shirt?!!

Keep or returning?

Returned: Im not paying that for a shirt. Its going back.










Prices:

The merchandise total of all 5 items was $288. As I explained above you could receive discounts on the price. I wasn't planning on keeping all 5 pieces anyway so the 25% would have not applied. I did keep the clutch as stated above, so the $20 styling fee was credited towards that. They also charged me tax on the clutch so it came to $19.08 when I checked out on their site.

I know I have said these prices are high for me which they are but I will admit I did some price checking again and I have to say Dia's prices were cheaper then several of the retail stores.


Final thoughts:

Overall, I will give Dia a solid B+ this time.

It was a very fun experience, with cute and fun features. I loved several of the pieces and my box wasn't horrible. I kept one piece.

The main problems I had was the prices again that's why they didn't get an A.

Would I try Dia again?

 Maybe, I would like to see if after awhile they do finally lower item prices. Since Dia is still kind of new Im wondering if that's why Dia pieces are so expensive.

So yes I will give them a shot again but not right away.

 If you would like to learn more about Dia & Co. or check it out and try it here is my link: https://www.dia.com/r/17j3b

Disclaimer:
 This was my honest review of this service. Dia did waive my styling fee but let me take $20  off an item. This did not sway my views of Dia one way or another.

 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smartass & Sass Sassiest So Far Special Edition Box

20 Mule Team Borax